quarta-feira, 29 de setembro de 2021

EXODUS FRONTMAN STEVE "ZETRO" SOUZA - "THRASH METAL DOESN'T CHEAT YOU

 



Exodus return with their eleventh studio album, Persona Non Grata, out November 19 via Nuclear Blast Records. Frontman Steve "Zetro" Souza spoke with The Rockpit about the new album, getting into the beginnings of the new songs, working around Covid and Gary Holt's schedule with Slayer at the time. Souza also discusses his history with music and what band started it all for him. Check out the interview below.

Souza: "I think for our genre of music, for the most part, I think thrash metal, out of all of the subgenres of metal, I think that one stays true," he said. "I love Dystopia (Megadeth), I love For All Kings (Anthrax), Humanicide (Death Angel) is great. Testament doesn't put out anything that sucks, we don't put out anything that sucks, Overkill doesn't put out anything that sucks... go down the genre. Thrash metal doesn't cheat you. It never has.



"Look at Firepower (Judas Priest); it's fucking killer. And Senjutsu... Maiden always fucking brings it, man. So I feel that us, the iconic bands will always bring it. I love it. It's what drives me. This is what we are and what we do. This is what we know."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário