sexta-feira, 12 de janeiro de 2024

BRUCE DICKINSON REFLECTS ON HIS 1999 RETURN TO IRON MAIDEN - "STEVE HARRIS WAS VERY SUSPICIOUS"





BRUCE DICKINSON REFLECTS ON HIS 1999 RETURN TO IRON MAIDEN - "STEVE HARRIS WAS VERY SUSPICIOUS"





In a wide-ranging, career-spanning interview in the new issue of Classic Rock magazine, Bruce Dickinson revisits his decision to rejoin Iron Maiden in 1999. Following is an excerpt from the feature, where Dickinson recalls that bassist Steve Harris wasn't initially convinced his return was what the band needed.

Dickinson: "Steve was very suspicious. He said: 'Why do you wanna come back?' I actually said (laughing), I want to come back, Steve, because, in the words of my mates, ‘the world needs Iron Maiden’, and secondly I think we can make amazing music.' What I said was: 'We will sweep away the past by doing an amazing future,' though the first words out of my gobby mouth were: 'Of course we are better than Metallica!' People said: 'You can’t say that.' I said: 'I just did.' Then they started going: 'Maybe he’s right.'"

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário