quarta-feira, 21 de junho de 2023

EXTREME GUITARIST NUNO BETTENCOURT - "I ALWAYS TRY TO USE THE SOLO TO ELEVATE THE SONG BEFORE WE COME BACK DOWN TO THAT LAST HOOK"

 





In the clip below, Guitar World's Andy Aledort talks to Extreme's Nuno Bettencourt about soloing and touring for Extreme's first new album in 15 years, SIX.

Bettencourt on constructing his guitar solos

"I see the song - let's use 'Rise' for example - and within the song I see another song. So, instead of a traditional solo where it's like, 'Hey dude, let it just rip and fucking solo,' I see it as, how do I tell another version, how do I go another gear into the song? I think about it always within the song, and it could either help or hurt the song. I always try to use the solo to elevate the song before we come back down to that last hook

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário