quinta-feira, 15 de junho de 2023

DAISIES – “EVERYBODY HAD TO GET AWAY FROM EACH OTHER TO APPRECIATE WHAT WE HAD”




2023 marks the ten-year anniversary of the self-titled debut album by The Dead Daisies, and the group is celebrating in a big way! Not only will they be releasing a double CD / double vinyl Best Of set on August 18, singer / songwriter John Corabi (The Scream, Mötley Crüe, Union), who was the vocalist from 2015 – 2019 is back in the band. In an unexpected, yet entirely welcome turn of events, Corabi replaced his replacement, Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Black Country Communion), who stood front and center for The Dead Daisies from 2019 – 2023.

“You know what dude, honestly, it was weird. I left, and I just needed a breather,” begins Corabi. “The last couple tours that we did, it was just crazy! I don’t know how to word this without sounding arrogant… once I did that first record with The Daisies (Revolución, released in 2015), it just kind of blew up. It went from… just prior to me they had been doing large clubs, they had done some festivals. But it was consistent festivals, huge shows, trips to Europe, Japan, Australia, Israel, South America. It was just bang, bang, bang, bang, bang. It was really kind of overwhelming. Then to boot, I had my son in my other ear going, ‘Dad, you suck. I thought we were going to do some fucking shows with the solo band.’ I just got off the carousel for a second. Then Covid hit, and it really… if I can be blunt, I was literally sitting here going, what do I do? There’s zero work. There’s nothing going on. And The Daisies, somehow, managed to keep moving forward.”




They got Glenn, they went into the studio. They were very cautious about everything. A couple months ago they said, ‘Hey dude, Glenn’s going out to do his solo tour. You want to come back out and do some shows with us?’ I said, ‘Yeah man, that’d be great!’ I love the band. I always thought that the band was great. We really did some great music together. I just personally needed a little bit of a breather, and then I was going to try and go out and do some shows, like I said, with my son and my solo band. And that whole thing just didn’t materialize due to Covid. It was like three years, just sitting home. I did make due of my time; I wrote the book (Horseshoes And Hand Grenades). I took Pro Tools classes to learn how to use Pro Tools. I’m still very caveman about it, but I was productive. It was still like, fuck, man, I just want to go out and play music. They called, they said, ‘Hey dude, we’d love to have you back and do shows and stuff.’ I said, ‘Alright, let’s talk. Let’s work this ouT

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário