quinta-feira, 27 de outubro de 2022

JASON NEWSTED SAYS HE "NEVER" LISTENED TO A METALLICA ALBUM AFTER HE LEFT THE BAND - "NO DISRESPECT, BUT I DIDN’T GET IT"

 





in a new interview from Louder, former Metallica bassist, Jason Newsted, discusses thrash history, jamming with Exodus and Machine Head, ageing gracefully, and more.

Asked when was the last time he listened to a Metallica album that came out after he left the band, Newsted replies: "Never. I heard the one where they made the video in prison [St. Anger]. I heard one song with my dad while we were riding in the car in Michigan, because the radio is still pretty wed to Metallica, and it went on for fucking ever. It was eight minutes on the radio, and I went, ‘What the fuck are they doing?’ No disrespect, but I didn’t get it.

"It was maybe harking back to the longer songs and the aggression and the tempo. And that stuff takes a lot of energy to play, and with James going up and down the fretboard like that, no one can touch it. I have a lot of respect for that thing, but I am quite a distance away from that type of music

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário